The University of Melbourne provides wireless network access to staff, students and visitors across all University buildings and grounds.
Having trouble connecting to UniWireless?
- If you’re unable to connect to the UniWireless network, try connecting to the Eduroam network.
- Students can contact Stop 1 or Student IT for support. Staff can contact the Service Centre on 834 40888 or the Staff Services Portal.
Below you will find guides that explain how to connect to the University's wireless networks.
The UniWireless network allows staff and active students to connect to the University's computing resources and the Internet.
Eduroam is a global initiative that gives staff and students access to the wireless networks of other educational and research institutions, with the credentials of their home institute.
The Visitor network provides easy access to the Internet for short-term visitors to the University, such as academics, contractors, and conference delegates that do not have an eduroam eligible account.
Note: Connect2UoM provides instructions to setup your device on the wireless network
This is the University of Melbourne’s wireless network system (the network). Access to the network, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (including internet access) and electronic resources at the University of Melbourne is restricted to employees, students, or other individuals authorised by the University. In addition to these terms, supplementary terms set out on a University website may apply to your access and use of that website. By accessing and using a University website you agree to be bound by and comply with the applicable terms. For more information please see the University’s website privacy statement.
When you connect to and use this wireless service the University will collect the following information:
- Your account username
- Your IP address
- Your device MAC address
- Details of your network activity
- Your connection to the University wireless access points
The collection of your information when using the network is governed by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) (PDPA).
We are collecting this information for the purposes of:
- ensuring that the use of this service is authorised;
- supporting the management of the network and related University systems and services;
- supporting investigations of network use for breach of any laws or University policies; and
- obtaining analytical data to support the optimising of teaching and learning space utilisation and campus management, and to develop and refine student services and support.
When using your information for these purposes it may be combined with other University data. The combined data is subject to the same Information Privacy Principles under the PDPA.
Information about how the University handles, stores and secures personal information can be found in the University’s Privacy Statements.
The World Health Organisation has declared the outbreak of COVID-19 a pandemic, and the Victorian Government has declared a State of Emergency in Victoria. The use and disclosure of your personal information to prevent or manage the virus is permitted in order to:
- reduce the risk to your health, the health of your family and the health of the university community in relation to COVID-19; and
- enable the University to meet its public health obligations.
The University may share your personal information with relevant Government Departments or agencies to meet mandatory reporting obligations relating to public health. This includes the Victorian Government’s contact tracing program.
These terms apply to the use of University computer systems, equipment, networks, network devices and electronic services and resources.