The Visitor network provides easy access to the Internet for short-term guests of the University. Guests include visiting academics, contractors and conference delegates that do not have an eduroam account.
Request an account
Please ask a faculty, department, or conference representative at the University of Melbourne to request an account from the Infrastructure Services - Service Centre, either online or calling +61 3 8344 0888.
Join the Visitor network
Once your account has been created, you will be given a Visitor username and password. Once you have read and agreed to the Conditions of Use (see below), access the network by following these steps:
- Ensure Wi-Fi is enabled on your device.
- Select Visitor from available wireless networks.
- Launch a web browser and access any website (On some devices this is done automatically). Your web browser will redirect to the Visitor login screen.
- Enter the Visitor username and password.
- Click Connect/Ok.
If you have questions or difficulty connecting to the visitor network please contact the Service Centre on +61 3 8344 0888, Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding University holidays.
Conditions of use
- You will adhere to all University of Melbourne statutes, policies and guidelines including the University’s Provision and Acceptable Use of IT Policy.
- You will not infringe copyright, including but not limited to downloading copyright material via peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing.
- You will not apply an unreasonable burden on the network.
- You will not allow any other person to use your account(s).
- You will use up-to-date antivirus software and regularly apply updates to your operating system and applications.
- The University is not liable for loss, damage or consequential loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from use of the wireless network and associated software.